How to Shoot Modern Architecture – Itinerary 1
These courses are aimed at those who enjoy photographing buildings and relish the opportunity to spend the day with one of the UK’s foremost architectural photographers at locations with modern buildings by some of Britain’s top architects.
Designed for DSLR/CSC owners who are reasonably confident with their equipment, this day sees how a pro tackles the internationally acclaimed Jubilee Campus at the University of Nottingham, with buildings by Sir Michael Hopkins and MAKE (architect of London’s Gherkin). Together, we shall create stunning images of the architecture in its lakeside setting, working with people and light to create pictures with impact.
What your day includes
- An enjoyable walking tour of Jubilee Campus using it a specific case study.
- Plenty of tips when photographing individual buildings in their Lakeside setting with a chance to use perspective control lenses (Canon & Nikon fit only).
- ‘Hero’ shots and how to spot them.
- The secrets of light inside and out, and controlling long exposures.
- Classroom lecture packed with ‘technical know-how’.
- Colour temperature and how to control it manually with your DSLR.
Photographs of the RIBA (Royal Institute of British Architects) award winning campus taken by Martine (a national RIBA judge herself in 2009) have been published world-wide and she will share her views with you today, as you photograph its distinctive buildings and grounds.