Wildlife – Birds of Prey
HOW TO PHOTOGRAPH BIRDS OF PREY
Spend a day photographing a superb range of Falcons, Owls and other birds at close quarters in the company of a professional Falconer and his team in Warwickshire.
You’ll choose your own birds to work with, and like all of our LINE+LIGHT days, we begin with a full briefing so that you’re confident about choice of lenses, shutter speeds and other techniques to give you the best shots.
What your day includes
- A wide selection of birds including Falcons, Owls, Hawks, Buzzards, a Vulture and a Golden Eagle.
- Small groups mean plenty of time with each bird.
- Tuition throughout the day to give you all the help you need to get great shots.
- A period of free flying; weather and wind permitting in order for you to get the birds ‘on the wing’.
- Photography is in the open countryside using trees and gateposts etc as perches for natural looking shots *
- The opportunity to use our ‘Bird Studio’ for creating stylish portraits with lighting and backdrop.
* Note: By law the Falconer must leave the leg Jesses attached to the birds but they are hidden as much as possible during photography.
You’ll get the most from the day if you have a DSLR and a variety of lenses including a zoom, however, guests with compact or bridge cameras have attended in the past and greatly enjoyed themselves. The cost of the day excludes travel to the location in Warwickshire. (Travel time is approximately 75 minutes from Nottingham).
* Image 12 is by courtesy of Bob Stickings