Sports – Motor Sports
LEARN SPORTS PHOTOGRAPHY –
MOTOR RACING AT CADWELL PARK, LINCS
Motor Racing gets the adrenaline rushing like no other sport, so join us with your kit at legendary Cadwell Park in the Lincolnshire Wolds for a day of cars or bikes in action.
Our day is spent capturing a mixture of cars or bikes as they test their speed in preparation for a weekend’s racing. We have unrivalled access to this track, known affectionately as the ‘Matterhorn of courses’ where we are free to roam from The Paddocks to the Grandstand and beyond. Beautiful Cadwell Park is 80 years young, a twisting parkland & woodland circuit with its’ infamous ‘Mountain’ section which often sees vehicles airborne!
What your day includes
- Classroom briefing on kit choice; focal length of lenses, ISO, shutter speed and aperture considerations
- Compositional ‘do’s and don’ts’
- How to create the ‘story’ of motorsports through car or bike prep in the Paddocks, portrait opportunities with drivers & support crews and finally, the drama of the circuit itself
- Trackside viewing – only a low fence between your lens and all the speed
This day is designed for DSLR/CSC users who have lenses with focal lengths of 150mm and above. Shorter focal lengths will mean limiting your ability to get ‘close to the heart of the action’ and we want you to be able to make the most of your shooting time. Please be aware that racing will take place in most weather conditions; you and your kit need to be able to cope with outdoor activity!
For more information about Cadwell Park Circuit please see their website.
* Image 1 by courtesy of Ralph Bennett
* Image 3 by courtesy of Pete Forster
* Image 4 by courtesy of Andy Smith
* Image 9 by courtesy of Louise Clarke