Photography Basics – Level 1
The first of four days designed to take newcomers to photography – or those with holes in their knowledge – from the very beginning to where they can feel comfortable with their camera and create great pictures. This course is designed for owners of DSLR, CSC system, Bridge and compact cameras.
What your day includes
- Understanding your camera controls, and introducing histograms to interpret your images.
- Understanding ISO and the impact on your pictures when altered.
- Working in ‘P’ mode with confidence, using simple corrections to exposure when needed.
- lens choice – understanding different focal lengths and when to use various lenses.
- A basic guide to composing successful shots, with golden rules for creative images making.
- Understanding workflow, backing up and archiving your images.
- Understanding storage cards, speeds & capacity.
The day is a mixture of classroom sessions and practical hands-on time taking photos outdoors. You’ll find your time with us is fast paced, intensive, but great fun. You’ll be given notes, but expect to write some of your own too. We use a variety of venues in Nottingham throughout the year, just check the location when you book.