A Country House and Garden – Holme Pierrepont Hall
PHOTOSHOOT AT AN ENGLISH COUNTRY HOUSE AND GARDEN
Fancy a perfect day’s photography at a beautiful Tudor house in 30 acres of elegant parkland and gardens? Exclusive access? The company of one of the UK’s premier architectural photographers to guide you in creating the best images? Look no further as we’re proud to be at Holme Pierrepont Hall.
Home to the Brackenbury family, this redbrick early Tudor house sits in south Nottinghamshire, where it has played host to a number of distinguished residents over the years. Built by Sir William Pierrepont in 1500, with period lodgings, a carved Charles I staircase and fine courtyard, the house plays host to dramas and historical films, and is ours to photograph for this Line + Light day.
What your day includes
- A lecture to begin the day covering tips for best shooting, including lens choice & viewpoint
- Hands-on tuition throughout practical time to ensure confidence with your camera kit
- Plenty of time in both the house, courtyard and garden to shoot at leisure
- Skills building elements- Use of flash and reflectors to add control to interior contrast
- Use of Tripods and lighting permitted throughout – a rariety in a period furnished historic property
The gardens here are stunning, and with our sessions timed to coincide with early spring interest- daffs and tulips, or autumnal colours, there should be plenty to allow you to create memorable garden and landscape studies. In addition, the house has displays interiors of various periods, the drawing room is decorated in Victorian style, whilst the long gallery boasts a grand piano and Elizabethan fireplace. The Medieval Lodgings are bare brick and timber with a stone flag floor, a combination of ages and styles to ensure photographic variety throughout.